Edit: Just a note to tell you there is a more recent version of the widget hack…please do not use the file on this page unless you have a problem with the newer version
After finding Matt Robinson’s Subscribe2 Plugin incredibly useful, I ran into the same problem that several other users had when using the Subscribe2 Widget. I set about hacking the widget plugin to make it work, and have appeared to be successful. You do have to edit something in the file, but here’s the directions:
- Disable the original Subscribe2 Widget.
- Upload the Subscribe2 Widget Hack to your plugins or widget directory.
- Edit the define(‘S2PERM’,”) line (line 18) to the permalink that points to the page you are using for subscribers. Where ‘yoursite.com’ is your domain and ‘wordpress’ is your WordPress installation directory:
- define(‘S2PERM’, ‘http://yoursite.com/wordpress/email-updates/’)
- define(‘S2PERM’, ‘http://yoursite.com/wordpress/?p=27′)
- Enable the Subscribe2 Widget Hack…You’re Done!
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them here.
Download the Subscribe2 Widget Hack